WINTER ASSESSMENTS FOR THE SPRING 2018 SEASON
Assessments are available for new players to the Brookhaven FC program in the following age groups: Pre-Academy (8U), Academy (9U-12U) and Select (13U-17U).
All players interested in being part of one of our programs must attend one of the Winter Assessment sessions offered. Sessions will be held on Sunday, December 17 and Sunday, January 14 from 2:30 to 4:00 at Oglethorpe University. Pre-Registration for assessments is required, and is available online. Assessments are FREE!
Attendance at Winter Assessments is not required for current Brookhaven FC players.
Our Select Development program, for 13U – 19U year old players, is a year-long team training environment that provides top-level training to competitive players. This is coached by our USSF Licensed staff coaches who provide the necessary environment for players wishing to take soccer to the next level.
THE BFC ACADEMY REQUIRES PERFORMANCE STANDARDS
- Player Development Effectiveness
- Staff, Leadership, Structure, and Qualifications
- Style of Play & Philosophy
- Training Environment & Personal Development
- Facilities & Infrastructure
- Focused, methodological training plan
- Individual Development Plans (IDP) for each player
- Long-Term Player Development
- Fewer, more meaningful games
- Emphasis on long-term development, less on winning
- Comprehensive training and game calendar with mandatory breaks to allow for family events and other activities
- Consistent exposure to top-level teachers, teammates, and opponents
- Minimized travel
- 2017 Winter Assessments 12/17 and 1/14
- 09U-13U Tryouts: 5/29, 5/30, 5/31
- 09U-13U Signing Day: 6/4
- 14U-19U Tryouts: 6/5, 6/6, 6/7
- 14U-19U Signing Day: 6/11
- 09U-13U Uniform Fittings: 6/17
- 14U-19U Uniform Fittings: 6/24
- Registration Deadline: 7/8
- Team Camp: 7/24 – 7/28