- Create a lively, positive, safe environment to learn how to play soccer and develop a heathy lifestyle
- To improve outcomes for youth while enhancing neighborhoods to create stronger communities and promote family involvement
- Create an environment where young soccer players from diverse backgrounds are guided and inspired to reach full potential on and off the field
- Use soccer to teach life skills, values of teamwork, promote discipline, confidence and self-esteem
The program is developed by US Soccer A license coaches and a nutritional fitness professional. The curriculum will be age appropriate and specific to the needs of the participants in the program.
Example Afterschool Curriculum:
Warm Up & Opening Circle
Activity One – Game 2 – Scrimmages
Cool Down & Cheer
Healthy Bodies Game: Dribbling soccer ball (energy in, energy out)
Dribbling soccer ball (good sugar, bad sugar) enforces fun with educational learning
Program Coaches & Volunteers
(All will have Mandatory Criminal Background Screening)
- All programs will be printed and the Volunteer Coaches will have access to training and PowerPoint presentations.
- At least one US soccer licensed coach will be at all outreach activities to coach and oversee the program