2017-2018 Brookhaven Academy Program Information
Who is it for: Committed 9U-12U players interested in competitive soccer and looking for a professionally managed year-long team training environment.
Purpose: Provide top-level training on an age appropriate competitive calendar.
Coaching: Instruction provided by experienced, USSF Licensed staff coaches based on yearly curriculum.
|Age Group||Birth Year (Born on or After)|
We will consider play-up opportunities for any players.
Time Commitment: 8-month season with built in breaks and flexible attendance periods.
Fall: August – November
Spring: February – May
- 8-10 Game season: 4-5 home games and 4-5 away games vs. local opponent
- U11/U12 9v9: 30 minute halves, 1 referee
- U9/U10 7v7: 30 minute halves 1 referee
- No standings or post-season play
Minimal substitutions during games and 50% guaranteed playing time per week for every rostered player.
THE BFC ACADEMY REQUIRES PERFORMANCE STANDARDS
- Player Development Effectiveness
- Staff, Leadership, Structure, and Qualifications
- Style of Play & Philosophy
- Training Environment & Personal Development
- Facilities & Infrastructure
The BFC Academy provides the best everyday club environment:
- Focused, methodological training plan
- Individual Development Plans (IDP) for each player
- Long-Term Player Development
- Fewer, more meaningful games
- Emphasis on long-term development, less on winning
- Comprehensive training and game calendar with mandatory breaks to allow for family events and other activities
- Consistent exposure to top level teachers, teammates, and opponents
- Minimized travel
Direct questions to email@example.com