About Brookhaven FC
Brookhaven FC is a 501c (7) nonprofit organization. Brookhaven Futbol Club is dedicated to nurturing a supportive membership of families that draws upon the diversity and resources of the Brookhaven community. We are also committed to creating teams that succeed at the community level.
Brookhaven FC, established in 2016, is a soccer club offering all levels of development and competition from ages three to 23. Every training session is run by licensed, professional coaches who follow a curriculum that develops both the player and the person.
If your kids love soccer, we encourage you to come see what Brookhaven FC has to offer. Attend a training session, meet our coaches and enjoy the beautiful game.
Read our full press release.
Soccer offers the fundamental building blocks to be successful
Brookhaven FC is committed to providing an unmatched soccer experience for all who possess an interest in soccer. Brookhaven FC encourages the evolution of good character, the vigor of competition and the importance of play. We accept the responsibility of teaching life lessons to our athletes to further their growth both on and off the field. We believe that all participants should be given an equal opportunity to explore their potential and to participate in challenging situations that will yield positive results. We are devoted to making soccer a pleasant, secure and rewarding experience for everyone involved, irrespective of age or ability.
“Give The Game Back to the Kids and Their Parents Through Education and a Path to Play”
• Our approach begins with education of all our stakeholders, players, parents, and coaches, and the community
• Use the game of soccer to teach valuable life lessons: dealing with adversity, team-work, discipline, sportsmanship, and a dedication to development.
• Create an atmosphere of development while not jumping into the “Youth Sports Race to Nowhere.” http://changingthegameproject.com/the-race-to-nowhere-in-youth-sports/
• Allow players to participate in other activities without fear of repercussion.
• Provide an environment where players and teams are allowed to be creative without fear of mistakes.
• Give family time back to families by using drop-in street soccer as a development tool during the summer months (June & July).
• Players are free to try new things and set up games allowing them to lead, settle conflict, be creative, and responsible. They can play as much or as little as they want during these periods. Street Soccer replicates the playground & park.
• Develop excellent coaching through mentorship, formal education, and ongoing professional development.
5 Pillars of the Program
· Mental – overcoming adversity is an incredible character builder. The challenges they face on the field will help them in overcoming challenges off the field.
· Technical – learning the skills to compete.
· Tactical – understanding the objectives and the player’s role, reading
· Physical – developing endurance, fitness, coordination, and body control
· Social – providing a platform for communication, collaboration, and conflict resolution that carries over into other parts of a player’s life.
Brookhaven FC Coaching Curriculum & Coaching Staff
The coaching staff follows the United States Soccer Federation Coaching Curriculum. Our programs are designed to improve all players’ technical, tactical, physical, and psychological abilities. Younger players are heavily focused on developing their technical ability. As players develop we continue to focus on technical work, while including tactical concepts for the various situations that happen within games. BFC has a professional coaching staff that is dedicated to the development of each player both on and off the field. The Club is lead by Executive Director Jon Akin, Technical Director Bert Leonard, and Recreation Director Alex Tanja.